Dubai, United Arab Emirate state, known for luxurious hotels and apartments will add Robocop in its recognition. For the protection of citizens and the city, Robocop is going to be launched.
This mechanical cop will not counter serious threats but will help the force in small tasks.
“With an aim to assist and help people in the malls or on the streets, the Robocop is the latest smart addition to the force and has been designed to help us fight crime, keep the city safe and improve happiness levels.”
According to Director of the Smart Services Department for the Dubai Police, Brigadier-General Khalid Nasser Al Razouqi,
Some specifications and operating system of Bot are as under
- The Bot is fully autonomous, equipped with emotions sensor with the ability to detect gestures from a fair distance.
- Embedded with AI (Artificial Intelligence), Robocop with its latest software technology can detect and catch the offender.
- This Bot is 170 centimeters tall and weighs around 100 Kilograms.
- It can smile and greet people with ease.
- The bot rolls on its wheels.
- It can salute, and speak different languages.
- And can navigate itself through buildings and even broadcast live video feed.
- The bot is reported to be the achievement of the collaboration of Dubai police, Google, and IBM.
Abdullah Bin Sultan, Director of the Future Shaping Centre of Dubai Police Brigadier said;
“We are looking to have more robots in the future to handle policing. By 2030, we are keen to make robots around 25 percent of the total police force.”
We must remember that companies are not only making autonomous bots to replace labor work but also embedding the technique in cars to make the cars fully autonomous
Ford, is one of the “pioneers of automation” in the auto industry.
An interesting point is that in Pakistan, historic city of Pakistan, Multan, a restaurant has started robotic waiter system.