Indian teenage girl dies as mobile phone explodes

Indian teenage girl dies as mobile phone explodes

Indian teenage girl dies as mobile phone explodes. You may have heard the tails of mobile phone explosion and their dangerous results. Recently, another case came into view as an 18-year-old girl (Uma Oram) from Kheriakani, India was using her phone to talk to a relative.

According to Indian reports, the phone was plugged into the wall when the incident happened.

Due to the massive explosion girl got injuries to her chest, hand and leg that cause her to fall unconscious. Then hurriedly, she was taken to hospital where she was declared dead later due to the incurable injuries.

“As the battery of the mobile phone was draining out, she plugged it for charging while talking over it simultaneously,” her brother Durga Prasad Oram explained.

“The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.” He added.

According to Oram, the busted phone was an HMD Nokia 3310, although pictures of the exploded handset show it looks more like a Nokia 5233 handset. So, the handset s not verified yet.

Must Read: HMD Global introduces five new Nokia phones

On the other hand, HMD states it the phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the latest home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to produce a new range of Nokia devices.”

“As HMD Global, we are committed to producing high-quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.”

Now, police are investigating the whole scenario. In the meanwhile, Oram’s body has been sent for a post-mortem inspection to collect more facts about the case.

How to avoid from these kinds of cases?

We have witnessed a few cases whereby people have been killed by exploding smartphones. In most of the cases, culprit of such situations tends to be the battery or a dodge of charger. As a result, handset get overheat and eventually combust.

Who can forget the famous case of Samsung’s Note 7? It was found to endure with such an issue and ultimately forced the South Korean tech giant to recollect all units of its critically-acclaimed phone. In order to the tune of millions of handsets, company loses millions of dollars.

So, one thing was common in these kinds of incidents that people, who suffered the injuries due to explosion, were using their handsets while charging their phones.

What can be done on the side of mobile manufactures to avoid these kinds of situation?

On the other, it is also responsibility of phone manufactures to scrutinize the battery packs in their phones. They need to ensure that their manufacturing and supply chain is making use of solid and well-tested parts.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.