How to ensure the authenticity of a branded handbag?
Technology advancements have threatened global brands with the increasing fake market because advanced technology can make products identical to authentic goods. To verify Branded Handbags are real or fake seems to be a problem these days.
Last year, the UAE’s Department of Economic Development confiscated Dh1.6 bn worth of fake items including mobile phones, cosmetics, and handbags etc.
Whereas, the fake market made 2.5 percent of global imports and 5% of European imports according to Organization for Cooperation and Development.
Through a workshop aiming at the help of customers The Luxury Closet shares ways that how people could identify the fake handbag from an authentic one.
Elisabeth Bohler, Head of Merchandising at The Luxury Closet claims that brands provide us authenticity checkpoints to let us not deceived by the fake market.
Here is how she wants us to check the authenticity:
- Check the small tag inside the bag with series of number.
- Check the manufacturer codes that provide information about the item, origin and year of manufacture.
- Don’t miss looking for the original holograms and logos of the brands.
- In case a replica has manufacturer code the design and font of the code will not match that of the authentic manufacturer. Or at least it will not be typed in a straightforward manner.
- Top brands have unique patterns and fabric and the products are well aligned these things can’t be seen in case of replicas.
- Fake bags will not perfectly aligned.
- Complexity and quality of the branded handbags can’t be replicated.
- Some top brands use a unique color that can’t be replicated.
- Brands have symmetric shapes of their bags that also can’t be found in fake items.
- Carefully look at the quality of stitching. A brand does not compromise in stitching and places the products with perfect and good quality stitching.
- Replicas usually present imperfections in stitching. Their stitching can be misaligned.
- Soft, easy to use and heavy chains are used in branded bags.
- Light, poorly finished chains and zippers are the signs to discriminate fake bags from the branded ones.
- Never forget searching up before making a purchase as you are aware that brands use different hardware.
- Match all the features like model, color, collection, material, and size before purchasing a good.
- Check the smell and feel of the product.
“Search the series of codes of the brand you are planning to buy to make sure it matches the model of the item.”
Avoid buying counterfeit products. If you are not willing to pay much money for a branded product you should not pretend to own it.